The Transfer

Posted by: Dena Mehling on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 Categories: | | | |
I went to lunch today with my ladies.  We were rolling into naptime for the littles when we all left and I thought "I'm rocking the timing"!  It's because I kick ass.

Driving home, I see the Little One starting to fall asleep and we're 10 minutes out.

"LITTLE ONE, WAKE UP BABY!"

"Sarah, please help me wake Kate up."

"LITTTTLLLEEEEE ONNNNEEEEE, WAKE UP!!!!!"  "LITTTTLLLEEEEE ONNNNEEEEE, WAKE UP!!!!!"  "LITTTTLLLEEEEE ONNNNEEEEE, WAKE UP!!!!!"

Then the music gets louder.

If she falls asleep now, I'll never get her transferred to her crib for a long nap.  

"LITTLE ONE, GET UP!"

Then the concrete truck pulls out in front of me.  Then more red lights.  Then a tow truck with car in tow and now it's starting to rain so naturally, everyone starts driving really slowly.

At this point, I'm using the mom arm to reach around the back of my seat and pull on poor Little One's foot.  There's crying.  There's screaming and I think, "Please don't fall asleep!"  It's abundantly clear that I no longer kick ass.

We get home.  

I get her to her crib and say "Are you tired?"

She shakes her sad little face, "yes".  The sad little face I made cry.

I lay her into her crib and kiss her so gently on the head.

I tip toe out and shut the door.

Someone's wide awake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment