Ben & Jerry's threw us a party. No lie.

Posted by: Dena Mehling on Monday, May 05, 2014 Categories: |
So this article comes out about when Ben and Jerry's introduced their new core flavors and my little circle of girls is all "ooh...ahhhh... that looks so good".

One of my favorite, fabulous ladies says "great" and invites us all over to her house for a night of pajamas, Rock Band and ice cream. Girls Night In! Whoop whoop.

She didn't know how much ice cream and which flavor so she buys 2 pints of each flavor. It's 10 pints and we're thinking it's a ridiculous amount of ice cream but let's take the obligatory selfie shot because how often are you playing with that much ice cream?

A few days later, we're sitting around having a conversation about Twitter and how it's nice to be able to contact companies for both good and bad reasons.

Someone says to me, "Did you Tweet Ben and Jerry's?"

"No, where's my phone?"

I send them this:  "Girls night in celebrating @benandjerrys core flavors #mykindofparty"


They favorite and retweet and respond and I'm thinking I'm pretty hot stuff.

A few days later, I receive a message from Ben and Jerry's corporate that says "We love that you had a party featuring us and we want to know if we can be invited to the next one."

"Ok, sure.  Why not!"  Of course, I'm assuming that they mean buy more ice cream.

"Ok, send us a place and where to be."

Ummm... I'm speaking to a random stranger on the internet so how about no?  This is how I end up like a Dateline story.

They apologize for frightening me and explained that they appreciate their customers and would like to cater a full sundae party for my next GNI. Well hot damn! Next thing I know, I'm getting flavor requests for headcounts and allergies and the whatnot to give to the local franchisee . 

Naturally I had to choose all the obscure flavors I wouldn't normally buy.  

So we had a Ben and Jerry's party!

...and it was obscenely ridiculous and I'd do it again.

In.  A.  Heartbeat.


(Super special shout out to Ben and Jerry's and Ben and Jerry's Denver!)


















2 comments:

  1. Half Baked is my favorite flavor and I will drive to your party for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. social media at its finest! this is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete