Happy 2015! Where have you been?

Posted by: Dena Mehling on Sunday, January 04, 2015 Categories: | | | |
It's a new year and considering my last blog post was in June... I'm WAY behind.  I really want to make an effort to blog more this year.  That and about a million other things so we'll see how that all pans out.

What's happening, you ask?  Since my last post.  The Big One started Kindergarten.  That was far more difficult than I ever anticipated.  Not emotionally, mind you, but logistically.  All of the sudden I was thrown into the world of homework and making lunches.  It was quite the adjustment.  The Little One also started pre-school.  She only goes half days for a few times a week but it's the first time I've been alone in 5+ years.  Did I mention it's glorious?

So what does the New Year bring?  I'm making some goals...

Financial:  Try to eat in more often.  I really enjoy eating out.  Not for the food so much as for the having someone else do it and clean up for me.  It's a huge portion of my budget and I am trying to save more.  I have a big expense in mind that will take a lot of savings and while that's not a 2015 expense, it's a someday expense.

Health:  To become more accepting of the body and cards I was given.  I have a bad hip that I won in the genetic lottery and it's a ticking time bomb.  I'm a constant work in progress but I can admit, it's been more superficial in it's goals.  To look good in this or that but now it's more about the inside.  The heart, the lungs, the hip.  Maybe it's because I'm turning 40 soon.  And yes, I'd like to look good in this or that.

Family:  It's a big year for the Little One.  We're leaving 2015 potty-trained, binky free and in a big girl room.  I have decreed so obviously, we're so going to make this happen.  (ha.  fingers crossed)

Socially:  To not absorb people's moods.  I am guilty of letting people influence my day.  If you're having a bad day, I'll let you bring to me your level and we can bitch together.  It's not good for me.  Plus, throw a kick ass party or two.

Hobbies:  Sewing makes me happy.  Find the time.*

I think my friend said it best... "get rid of stuff that no longer serves me. Clutter, bad habits, pounds, toxic relationships, etc."  I'm stealing your brilliance there, Jenn.

*Notice how I didn't add stupid things like stash diets and only working on UFO's.  That's just not in the cards.  Ever.  I'm off to the LQS.

No comments:

Post a Comment